Apitsi (Savoury plantain cake)
- 2 plantains - over-ripe - black skin
- ¼ scotch bonnet chilli (de-seeded if you wish)
- 2cm/1 inch ginger, peeled, freshly grated
- 2 onions, roughly chopped
- 120g/4oz plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/390°F/gas 6
- Peel the plantain then put the flesh in a blender with the chilli, ginger and onion, roughly blend then tip into a bowl.
- Mix in the flour and salt.
- Stir 3 tablespoons of rapeseed oil into the mix then spoon into a greased and lined baking tin. Bake in a preheated oven for about 40 minutes, until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.