- 8 oz medium sized prawns, de-veined and shelled (leave tail on if you wish)
- 1 tsp creole seasoning
- ¾ cup plain flour
- 2 tsp crushed black peppercorn
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup dry breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup Panko crumbs
- Vegetable oil to fry
- Salt to season
- Season prawns with creole seasoning.
- Place ½ cup flour in a shallow bowl.
- In a second bowl, whisk the egg with 2 tsp of water.
- In a third bowl, combine breadcrumbs, Panko crumbs and the remaining flour.
- Dip the prawns in flour and shake off the excess, then dip in the egg mixture and finally, in the breadcrumb mixture; pressing into the mix to coat completely.
- Heat about an inch of oil in a deep pan.
- Fry prawns a few at a time for 1-2 minutes, depending on their size and drain on kitchen paper.
- Enjoy on its own or with a spicy tomato sauce.