Prawns in spicy tomato sauce
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp tomato puree
- 200g tinned tomatoes
- 1-2 tsp cayenne pepper (or half scotch bonnet chilli)
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- Salt to taste
- 10 prawns, shelled and de-veined
- Heat a heavy based pan, add the oil and gently fry the onions for two to three minutes, till golden.
- Add the remaining ingredients and leave to cook till the oil separates from the sauce.
- Finally, add the prawns to the sauce until cooked through.
- Serve with griddled spring onions, rice or warm tortilla wraps.